Percent of students' assessments scoring at Proficient or Distinguished Learner on Georgia Milestones EOGs
DAVES CREEK ELEMENTARY (FORSYTH COUNTY SCHOOLS)
Eric Ashton, Principal
Michelle Cossette, Assistant Principal
Effective practices at Daves Creek Elementary School are:
1. analyzing pre and post assessment data by data teams;
2. differentiating instruction which includes remediation and enrichment opportunities;
3. implementing small-group instruction in reading and math;
4. grouping students homogeneously in 3rd—5th math classes;
5. using Math Numbers Talks , a researched-based strategy, in instruction;
6. training special education staff in research-based interventions such as Kanas SIM strategies and Orton-Gillingham, Lindamood-Bell, & SRA interventions;
7. developing professional learning communities through common planning, collaboration & teacher leadership.
White, S.H. (2011). Beyond the Numbers. Learn +Learn Press.
Tomlinson, C.A. (2014). The Differentiated Classroom. ASCD.
Diller,D.(2007). Making the Most of Small Groups. Stenhouse Publishers.
Parrish, S. (2010). Number Talks: Helping Children Build Mental Math & Computional Strategies. Scholastic Inc.
Dufour, R. & Eaker,R. (1998). Professional Learning Communities at Work: Best Practices for Enhancing Student Achievement.