Percent of Students with Disabilities served in general education environments greater than 80% of the school day
RED BUD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (GORDON COUNTY SCHOOLS)*
Katie Vaughan, Principal
706-625-2111, ext. 4007
Effective practices at Red Bud Elementary School are:
1. collaborating among teachers of inclusion and co-teaching models;
2. developing students' verbal and social skills;
3. providing academic support using the expertise of a mentor assigned to each student;
4. valuing the potential of each student.
WINSTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (DOUGLAS COUNTY SCHOOLS)*
Wiley Dailey, Principal
Meredith McTyre, Co-Teacher
Effective practices at Winston Elementary School are:
1. analyzing annually student performance data;
2. utilizing data to guide instruction and to provide academic support services;
3. scheduling strategically the master schedule and co-teaching classes.
WINTERVILLE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (CLARKE COUNTY SCHOOLS)*
Jerry Stapleton, Principal
Effective practices at Winterville Elementary School are:
1. analyzing instructional data and using results to guide instructions;
2. collaborating among homeroom and resource teachers;
3. utilizing flexible grouping strategies;
4. implementing effective co-teaching strategies.
WRENS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (JEFFERSON COUNTY SCHOOLS)*
Sharon Dye, Principal
Effective practices at Wrens Elementary School are:
1. analyzing data to make instructional decisions;
2. utilizing data to guide instruction and to identify specific academic needs;
3. sharing expertise and resources among unified inclusion staff;
4. implementing fluid, flexible grouping strategies;
5. integrating Kansas City Writing instructional strategies;
6. providing professional learning opportunities.
* School’s effective practices based on 2012-2014 CRCT performances