Percent of graduates entering TCSG/USG not requiring remediation or learning support courses; or scoring program ready on the Compass; or scoring at least 22 out of 36 on the composite ACT; or scoring at least 1550 out of 2400 on the combined SAT; or scoring 3 or higher on two or more AP exams ; or scoring 4 or higher on two or more IB exams
ETOWAH HS (CHEROKEE COUNTY SCHOOLS)*
Keith Ball, Principal
Effective practices at Etowah High School are:
1. using student data to determine rigorous course offerings that challenge all students;
2. delivering with fidelity instruction aligned to CCGPS/GPS;
3. enrolling ninth graders in appropriate Advanced Placement courses;
4. encouraging participation in SAT/ACT prep courses;
5. providing guidance about college entrance exams (ACT/SAT);
6. offering ACT preparation course on campus;
7. requiring teachers of Advanced Placement courses to be gifted certified and College Board trained.
UNION GROVE HS (HENRY COUNTY SCHOOLS)*
Dr. Wes Silvey, Counselor
Effective practices at Union Grove High School are:
1. utilizing multiple years of PSAT/PLAN data as advisement tools that identify students' strengths/weakenesses;
2. assisting students and parents in the application of test-preparation strategies and selection of materials that address students' weaknesses;
3. scheduling parent/student conferences prior to registrations for course selections and registration for college entrance exams;
4. hosting PSAT/PLAN night to explain test results, outline strategies for improvement;compare ACT/SAT.
Reference: UGHS Improvement Plan
WHITEWATER HS (FAYETTE COUNTY SCHOOLS)*
Roy A. Rabold, Principal
Effective practices at Whitewater High School are:
1. developing a college-going and career-ready culture;
2. teaching a rigorous curriculum;
3. providing opportunities to make course content relevant;
4. emphasizing vocabulary in each course as well as other contexts;
5. displaying and using the SAT Word of the Day.
* School’s effective practices based on 2012-2014 performance data.