Percent of students missing fewer than 6 days of school
CARTERSVILLE HS (CARTERSVILLE CITY SCHOOLS)*
Darrell Demastus, Assistant Principal
Effective practices at Cartersville High School are:
1. implementing and enforcing an attendance policy that is tied to course credit;
2. establishing appeal procedures that consider excessive absences;
3. developing a remediation process if a student is denied course credit because of excessive absences;
4. adhering to an exam exemption policy that is dependent on attendance and grades in a course.
WINDSOR FOREST (SAVANNAH-CHATHAM SCHOOLS)*
Joe Brasfield, Principal
Effective practices at Windsor Forest are:
1. using services of a social worker to address attendance issues by calling parents and making home visits;
2. discussing with student, parent/guardian, social worker and school personnel issues related to attendance and making recommendations;
3. providing incentives (from business community).
* School’s effective practices based on 2012-2014 performance data.