5-Year Extended Cohort Graduation Rate
BREMEN HS (BREMEN CITY SCHOOLS)*
Dr.Tim Huff, Principal
Effective practices at Bremen High School are:
1. using available media to communicate with parents and students information about students' status in relation to course mastery and graduation requirements;
2. monitoring students'course selections and credits;
3. providing creative options for students to take advantage of credit recovery.
CALHOUN HS (CALHOUN CITY SCHOOLS)*
Greg Green, Principal
Debra Moyer, College and Career Advisor
Effective practices at Calhoun High School are:
1. encouraging students to participate in extracurricular activities;
2. scheduling parent-teacher conference twice yearly with expectations of 100% participation;
3. identifying at-risk students through College-Career Advisor and grade-level RTI Specialists;
4. implementing specific interventions coordinated by RTI specialists;
5. executing intervention strategies by Student Support Teams;
6. developing credit recovery opportunities during the school day and through the Calhoun Online Learning Academy.
DUBLIN HIGH SCHOOL (DUBLIN CITY SCHOOLS)*
Robert Hunter, Principal
Effective practices at Dublin High School are:
1. implementing credit recovery program before and after school;
2. providing educational opportunities for suspended/expelled students at Second Chance School;
3. creating a modified 7-period day with a double block during 5th period.
UNION GROVE HS (HENRY COUNTY SCHOOLS)*
Dawn Jordan, Graduation Coach
Effective practices at Union Grove High School are:
1. analyzing and monitoring students' transcripts to evaluate credits for graduation and devise ways to address deficits;
2. assigning students with course/graduation deficits to appropriate Instructional Focus sessions;
3. providing students with opportunities to complete Credit Recovery during Instructional Focus.
Reference: Union Grove High School Improvement Plan
* School’s effective practices based on 2012-2014 performance data.