Percent of students scoring at Developing Learner or above on the Georgia Milestones Coordinate Algebra EOC
BREMEN HS (BREMEN CITY SCHOOLS)*
Effective practices at Bremen High School are:
1. reviewing available data to determine students' academic strengths and weaknesses;
2. ensuring a strong correlation between instruction and CCGPS.
GREENBRIER HS (COLUMBIA COUNTY SCHOOLS)*
Effective practices at Greenbrier High School are:
1. aligning and updating lesson units with CCGPS;
2. scheduling common planning time and teachers using common assessments;
3. differentiating instruction;
4. assessing and re-teaching concepts using a variety of instructional techniques;
5. identifying struggling students and re-teaching and re-assessing during the thirty-minute Achievement Period.
GWINNETT SCHOOL OF MATHEMATICS, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (GWINNETT COUNTY SCHOOLS)*
Dr. Jeff Mathews, Principal
Ms. Karen Rockey, Assistant Principal
Effective practices at the Gwinnett School of Math, Science, & Technology are:
1. teaching courses at accelerated level to all students;
2. exposing students to rigorous instruction in order to build skills for advanced studies;
3. implementing interventions strategies such as voluntary summer math class, extended math scheduling with math support among collaborating teachers;
4. using USA Test Prep for EOCT review;
5. utilizing PSAT/NMSQT data for differentiating instruction, selecting appropriate levels of rigor, and planning remediation or acceleration opportunities.
MCINTOSH HS (FAYETTE COUNTY SCHOOLS)*
Greg Mason, Department Chairperson
Effective practices at McIntosh High School are:
1. planning collaboratively course assignments and common assessments;
2. analyzing formative assessments and identifying concepts to review and reinforce;
3. demonstrating course mastery by completing the "Terrific Ten", which are the 10 most frequently misunderstood concepts/problems;
4. reviewing and applying concepts repeatedly.
NORTH GWINNETT HS (GWINNETT COUNTY SCHOOLS)*
Ms. Krista Herro, Assistant Principal
Effective practices at North Gwinnett High School are:
1. scheduling twice-weekly collaborative meetings among content teams;
2. analyzing and reviewing EOCT frameworks to ensure instructional delivery;
3. designing common assessments;
4. analyzing assessment data and modifying instructional strategies when appropriate;
5. providing EOCT reviews prior to test.
UNION GROVE (HENRY COUNTY SCHOOLS)*
Dawn Jordan, Graduation Coach
Effective practices at Union Grove High School are:
1. scheduling a daily Instructional Focus period;
2. analyzing data from testing, grades and benchmarks;
3. identifying and assigning at-risk students to mandatory Instructional Focus sessions in content courses.
Reference: UGHS Improvement Plan
VETERANS HS (HOUSTON COUNTY SCHOOLS)*
Dr. Lionel Brown, Principal
Amy Barbour, Assistant Principal
Jay Jones, Math Department Chairperson
Effective practices at Veterans High School are:
1. developing a Coordinate Algebra Content Team which supports sustained and consistent instruction among teachers;
2. analyzing available student achievement data;
3. scheduling a month-long structured review of concepts identified by specific data as weak strands;
4. planning explicit instruction and review of concepts that target academic needs of students.
* School’s effective practices based on 2012-2014 performance data.