Percent of students scoring at Developing Learner or above on the Georgia Milestones Analytic Geometry EOC
CAMDEN COUNTY HS (CAMDEN COUNTY SCHOOLS)*
Keith Cloud, Assistant Principal
Joanne Fry, Instructional Specialist
Effective practices at Camden County High School are:
1. scheduling common planning time for unit planning, resource usage and data analysis;
2. developing common assessments to ensure consistent, rigorous instruction;
3. analyzing and addressing content deficiencies reflected in formative and summative assessments;
4. remediating, re-teaching and reassessing students based on benchmarked data.
ETOWAH HS (CHEROKEE COUNTY SCHOOLS)*
Veronica Lucking, Department Chairperson
Effective practices at Etowah High School are:
1. creating a Consistency Team of Math teachers who disaggregate student data and identify students who need acceleration or remediation;
2. developing common assessments by Consistency Team in Professional Learning Community;
3. providing students' opportunities for tutorial/remediation if grade is below 74 or recovery/retest if formal assessment is not passed.
GROVETOWN HS (COLUMBIA COUNTY)*
Vicki Tarleton, Assistant Principal
706-447-2102, ext. 4414
Effective practices at Grovetown High School are:
1. scheduling collaborative meetings and common planning periods;
2. analyzing standards, targeting specific content and selecting effective strategies;
3. developing rigorous common lessons and assessments;
4. administrating and analyzing benchmark testing every nine weeks;
5. identifying specific content to re-teach or review based on analysis of data.
GWINNETT SCHOOL OF MATHEMATICS, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (GWINNETT COUNTY SCHOOLS)*
Dr. Jeff Mathews, Principal
Ms. Karen Rockey, Assistant Principal
Effective practices at the Gwinnett School of Math, Science & Technology are:
1. providing opportunities for students to complete course in one semester or as year-long course;
2. exposing students to rigorous instruction in order to build skills for advanced studies;
3. analyzing student data from PSAT/NMSQT and USA Test Prep to determine appropriate levels of rigor and instruction and to provide remedial or acceleration opportunities.
JEFF DAVIS HS (JEFF DAVIS COUNTY SCHOOLS)*
Effective practices at Jeff Davis High School are:
1. utilizing resources such as GADOE released test items/study guides, USA TestPrep, MARS website, Completing the Loop, Speed Dating, Cornhole;
2. infusing instruction with strategies that include using manipulative, discussing and explaining procedures/solutions to problems, self-assessing and correcting and sharing in pairs.
MCINTOSH HS (FAYETTE COUNTY SCHOOLS)*
Greg Mason, Department Chairperson
Effective practices at McIntosh High School are:
1. planning collaboratively course assignments and common assessments;
2. analyzing formative assessments;
3. using data to identify concepts to review and reinforce;
4. demonstrating course mastery by completing the "Terrific Ten", which are the 10 most frequently misunderstood concepts/problems;
5. reviewing and applying concepts repeatedly.
North Oconee High School (Oconee County Schools)*
Dr. Philip Brown, Principal
Effective practices at North Oconee High School are:
1. analyzing instructional data;
2. identifying specific content to re-teach or review;
3. designing rigorous lessons and common assessments collaboratively;
4. focusing on application/word problems;
5. developing and implementing intervention and/or remedial plans for struggling students.
* School’s effective practices based on 2012-2014 performance data.