Percent of students completing 2 or more state defined career related assessments/inventories and a state defined Individual Graduation Plan by the end of grade 8
BRANTLEY COUNTY MIDDLE SCHOOL (BRANTLEY COUNTY SCHOOLS)
Kenya Clark, Counselor
Effective practices at Brantley County Middle School are:
1. identifying high school graduation as a goal for every student;
2. emphasizing soft skills such as dress code, punctuality, respect;
3. linking academic skills to career skills and opportunities;
4. providing opportunities to explore careers and resources at GaCollege411;
5. communicating with parents/guardian about college/career pathways and graduation requirements.
CENTRAL MIDDLE SCHOOL (CARROLL COUNTY SCHOOLS)
Rebecca Sailors, Counselor
Effective practices at Central Middle School are:
1. scheduling individual career guidance sessions, including Individual Graduation Plans for each eighth grader;
2. communicating GACollege411 access information to parents;
3. developing partnerships with West Georgia Technical College & University of West Georgia as preparation for participation in Move on When Ready programs;
4. developing four-week mini-semesters with emphasis on career access and information for career and college success;
5. sharing career development instructions and activities on Google Drive.
HENDERSON MIDDLE SCHOOL (BUTTS COUNTY SCHOOLS)
Ms. Renee Burgdorf, Principal
Ms. Yolanda Reid
Effective practices at Henderson Mill Middle School are:
1. enrolling students in nine-week CTAE Connections courses;
2. completing career inventories (2 in 6th grade, 3 in 7th grade and all inventories in 8th grade plus Individual Graduation Plan).
WILLIAM JAMES MIDDLE SCHOOL (BULLOCH COUNTY SCHOOLS)
Dee Dee Thompson, Counselor
Lauren Massee, Counselor
Effective practices at William James Middle School are:
1. scheduling career guidance lessons;
2. completing career inventories;
3. providing career exploration activities (field trips, speakers) thru partnership with Statesboro High School;
4. prioritizing career-related activities.