Dance Instructional Frameworks
Georgia Standards of Excellence for Dance
The Georgia Standards of Excellence have been created and approved in Dance.
Georgia Standards of Excellence in Dance
The following Instructional Frameworks for each subject area are linked below and found on the Fine Art Program page.
• Curriculum Map - sample organization structure for each course
• Sample Units - sample essential questions, instructional activities, and projects for units in the curriculum map.
• Lesson Plans – sample projects, assessments, essential questions, and instructional activities including a classroom ready power point.
• Tutorial Videos – created to provide the teacher with specific technical skills and best practices in an art form. Examples include casting, graphite reduction drawing, and creating a path in Illustrator. Also includes instruction on how to set up an age appropriate art room, run a kiln, and organize displays or schoolwide art show.
• Grade Kindergarten
• Grade 1
• Grade 2
• Grade 3
• Grade 4
• Grade 5
• Grade 6
• Grade 7
• Grade 8
• Ballet I
• Classical/Contemporary Partnering I
• Dance I
• Dance Composition I
• Dance for Theatre I
• Jazz Dance I
• Modern Dance I
• World Dance Forms I