Dance Instructional Frameworks
Georgia Standards of Excellence for Dance
The Georgia Standards of Excellence have been created and approved in Dance.
Georgia Standards of Excellence in Dance
Dance Crosswalk from GPS to GSE
K-12 Crosswalk for Dance
Individual Grade Level Resources
Types of Instructional Frameworks
The following Instructional Frameworks for each subject area are linked below and found on the Fine Art Program page.
• Curriculum Map - sample organization structure for each course
• Sample Units - sample essential questions, instructional activities, and projects for units in the curriculum map.
• Lesson Plans – sample projects, assessments, essential questions, and instructional activities including a classroom ready power point.
• Tutorial Videos – created to provide the teacher with specific technical skills and best practices in an art form. Examples include casting, graphite reduction drawing, and creating a path in Illustrator. Also includes instruction on how to set up an age appropriate art room, run a kiln, and organize displays or schoolwide art show.
Grades K-5 (Projected 2022 Development)
• Grade Kindergarten
• Grade 1
• Grade 2
• Grade 3
• Grade 4
• Grade 5
Grades 6-8 (Projected 2022 Development)
• Grade 6
• Grade 7
• Grade 8
• Classical/Contemporary Partnering I
• Dance I
• Dance for Theatre I
• Modern Dance I
• World Dance Forms I