On this page, you will find the revised ELA Standards K – 12 with glossary, a link to Striving Reader resources, links to join the ELA Listserv, the most recent editions of the ELA Reporter, and Professional Learning Webinars.
Within the pages of the revised GSO website, you will also find updated planning templates and curriculum maps for each ELA grade and course. There is also an updated Guidance document for “Things to Consider” When Developing K-12 reading lists. It is important to note that the ELA team is currently working to revise and update the grade-level Teacher Guidance documents.
Georgia Standards of Excellence in CASE
GaDOE is using a new technical specification by the IMS Global Learning Consortium (IMS Global) called the Competency and Academic Standards Exchange (CASE) to enable a machine readable, linked data versions of state standards. With CASE, open-educational resources can be more easily tagged and discovered. Districts and individual educators can build crosswalks to their local learning targets, organize assessment results, and discover content through these crosswalks. The CASE format enables teaching, learning, and assessment software systems to access or consume competency frameworks and crosswalks.
• Access the ELA K-12 GSE in CASE Format
• 2020 Summer Literacy Mini-Grants are here!
• Journalism Teacher Guidance for Law and Ethics
• Journalism Teacher Guidance for Publication Management Organization
• Journalism Teacher Guidance for Research and Writing
• Journalism Teacher Guidance Technology and Visual Design
• Guidance for Dramatic Writing - Embedded Course
• GSE for Dramatic Writing Course
• Crosswalk for Dramatic Writing UPDATED
• Frequently Asked Questions for Dramatic Writing
• GSE for Journalism Course
• AP Visual Literacy Video Series
• Building a Culture of Writing – Professional Learning for ELA
• Big Book Standards ELA and Literacy Standards
• Now Featuring Georgia Classrooms Live! - Videos for K-12 Instructional Practices for ELA
• The revised Teacher Guidance documents are posted on the respective grade-level standards pages.
• Book Activities for Pre-K and Kindergarten Reading Books
• ELA GSE Standards K–12 with Glossary
• Striving Reader/Literacy Resources
Subscribe to GaDOE English Language Arts Emails
Join the English Language Arts listserv for updates and announcements by sending a blank email to one of the following addresses:
ELA District Support
• ELA Updates October 2015
• ELA Updates August/September 2015
• ELA Reporter Archives
Literacy Professional Learning Webinars
Encyclopedia Britannica Recorded Webinars
• Britannica School Webinar STEM Resources (Elementary K-5)
• Britannica School Webinar STEM Resources (Middle 6-8)
• Britannica School Webinar STEM Resources (High 9-12)
SIRS Discoverer Tutorials
• SIRS Discoverer Full Training video (37 minutes)
• SIRS: The Human Element: Advantages of using Student Research databases vs the open internet.