Welcome to the English Language Arts (ELA) Georgiastandards.Org (GSO) page. The ELA team has been working to transfer the existing resources to the new Standards. On this page, you will find the revised ELA Standards K – 12 with glossary, a link to Striving Reader resources, links to join the ELA Listserv, the most recent editions of the ELA Reporter, and Professional Learning Webinars.
Within the pages of the revised GSO website, you will also find updated planning templates and curriculum maps for each ELA grade and course. There is also an updated Guidance document for “Things to Consider” When Developing K-12 reading lists. It is important to note that the ELA team is currently working to revise and update the grade-level Teacher Guidance documents.
The ELA team has archived the former resources.
• Now Featuring Georgia Classrooms Live! - Videos for K-12 Instructional Practices for ELA
• The revised Teacher Guidance documents are posted on the respective grade-level standards pages.
• ELA GSE Standards K–12 with Glossary
• Striving Reader/Literacy Resources
Subscribe to GaDOE English Language Arts Emails
Join the English Language Arts listserv for updates and announcements by sending a blank email to one of the following addresses:
ELA District Support
• ELA Updates October 2015
• ELA Updates August/September 2015
• ELA Reporter Archives
Literacy Professional Learning Webinars
Encyclopedia Britannica Recorded Webinars
• Locating Informational Text through GALILEO/Encyclopedia Britannica Online (K-5)
• Locating Informational Text through GALILEO/Encyclopedia Britannica Online (6-8)
• Locating Informational Text through GALILEO/Encyclopedia Britannica Online (9-12)
• Britannica School Webinar STEM Resources (Elementary K-5)
• Britannica School Webinar STEM Resources (Middle 6-8)
• Britannica School Webinar STEM Resources (High 9-12)
• Discover STEM Resources (K-5)
• Discover STEM Resources (6-12)
SIRS Discoverer Tutorials
• SIRS Discoverer 2-minute video overview
• SIRS Discoverer Full Training video (37 minutes)
• SIRS: The Human Element: Advantages of using Student Research databases vs the open internet.