These videos, submitted by classroom teachers and mathematics instructional lead teachers from across Georgia, may be used to spark discussions with colleagues about the different ways in which teachers are implementing the frameworks and to inspire thinking about how to implement tasks. Each video shows a teacher and students doing their best according to where they are on the continuum of teaching and learning. Teachers in these videos may be using the tasks in ways which are different from the way they are being used by you or your colleagues. These differences make great discussion points. As you watch the videos, think about what you notice, what you wonder, what you might decide to add to your teaching, and what you might change about your teaching. These videos are best viewed while keeping in mind the Standards for Mathematical Practice. Please use this document to guide your thinking as you view and discuss the videos.
We are grateful to the teachers who are willing to share their practice so that others may benefit. Thank you for your dedication and transparency!
• Michelle Allmond, Cloud Springs Elementary, Catoosa County, Fill in the Line, 0-9, Unit 1
• Laura Kovach, Sallas Mahone Elementary, Valdosta City Schools, Number Talk
• Ashley Greenway, Elm Street Elementary, Rome City Schools, Bunch of Bananas, Unit 1
• Gerri Brown, Sallas Mahone Elementary, Valdosta City Schools, Making Sets of More or Less, Unit 1
• Ellen House, Sallas Mahone Elementary, Valdosta City Schools, Spin and Represent, Unit 1
• Veronica White, Sumter County Primary School, Sumter County Schools, Spin and Represent, Unit 1
• Misty Anderson, Sumter County Primary School, Sumter County Schools, Base Ten Pictures, Unit 1
• Candace Page, Gray Elementary, Jones County Schools, Base Ten Pictures, Unit 1
There are no Third Grade submissions at this time. You may find this video helpful, and viewing the videos from other grade levels may also prove helpful. Please consider submitting video of your classroom working on a framework task. You may submit video to the Mathematics Program Manager or Program Specialist(s).
• Vicky Bivins and Daphne Lacy (Co-teachers), Gray Elementary, Jones County Schools, Ordering and Comparing Numbers, Unit 1
• Lisa Brown, W.C. Britt Elementary, Gwinnett County Schools, Making Sense of the Algorithm, Unit 1
• Stella Newkirt, Mattie Lively Elementary, Bulloch County Schools, Patterns R Us, Unit 1
• Denise Bringslid, Mary Lin Elementary, Atlanta Public Schools, The Grass is Always Greener, Unit 1
• Sandy Lippe, Midway Elementary, Forsyth County Schools, The Grass is Always Greener, Unit 1
Other Classroom Videos of Interest
• Modeling with Math (3-Act Tasks)
• Looking Inside Mathematics Classrooms