• Download Video of Webinar (To save right-click then select 'Save target as' or 'Save link as')
Participants will develop new ways to engage students in the practice of accessing, developing, and sharing information using digital resources.
Session 6 Professional Learning Guide
Session 6 PowerPoint
• Georgia Public Broadcasting and Discovery Education Digital Literacy Resource Video (password gpb)
Instructional Principles for Diverse Learners
• Universal Design for Learning ELA Webinar Recording
• Assistive Technology for Teaching Writing Webinar Recording
• Promoting Engagement Through Student-Led Discussions K-12 Webinar
Dr. Meghan Welch received her doctoral degree from Georgia State University in Early Childhood Education, focusing on digital literacies. Her research interests include young children’s use of media and technology in and out of the classroom. She is currently working on a National Science Foundation grant researching the integration of computer science and project‐based learning into elementary curricula. She lives in Decatur, GA with her husband and three young sons.
Alison Eber is a fourth grade teacher at the 4/5 Academy at Fifth Avenue in City Schools of Decatur where she integrates technology across all subjects in her 1:1 iPad classroom. She is a Google Apps for Education Level 2 Certified Educator, and she enjoys innovating her classroom practices to promote authentic literacy activities that incorporate digital tools. She is currently a doctoral student at the University of Georgia where she is researching the roles of social media in teacher professional learning. She blogs at Eberopolis: Teaching Reading and Writing with Technology and can be found on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter as @eberopolis