When: July 9-11, 2019
Where: Macon Centreplex
200 Coliseum Dr.
Who: Teachers, Teacher Leaders, School/District Leaders, Media Specialists, Instructional Coaches, Paraprofessionals, Informal Learning Practitioners, Family and Community Partners
Tentative Schedule for the Conference:
Day 1 – July 9, 2019 – 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
• Check in & Registration
• Pre-conference Sessions
• Networking – IGNITE Sessions
Day 2 – July 10, 2019 – 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
• Full-day Conference
• Opening Sessions and Keynotes
• Concurrent Sessions: Format – panel, roundtable discussion, workshop, book study
Day 3 – July 11, 2019 – 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
• Looking Forward
• Closing-day Sessions
Unique Features of the Conference:
• Lunch and Learn with Newbery Winner Matt de la Peña
• Keynotes by nationally known authors
• Variety of interactive session formats, including workshops, panels, and roundtables
• Numerous sessions featuring evidence-based practices for instruction
• Opportunities for specialized facilitated team time
• Workshops facilitated by Georgia’s Writing Project sites
• In-depth sessions to develop school-family-community partnerships
• Session strands aligned to Georgia’s Systems of Continuous Improvement: Coherent Instructional System, Effective Leadership, Family and Community Engagement, Professional Capacity, and Supportive Learning Environment
• Opportunity to customize your conference experience to meet your needs by pre-registering for exclusive events:
o Elementary book study and workshop led by Dr. Susan Hall
o Secondary book study and workshop led by Cris Tovani
o Workshop facilitated by Matt de la Peña
o Mini Writing Project institute
Cost of Attendance:
• Full Conference (July 9-11; Tuesday-Thursday): $250
• One Day Conference (July 10; Wednesday): $200
• Customizable Features:
o Elementary book study and workshop led by Dr. Susan Hall ($20 & includes study materials; capped at 200 participants)
o Secondary book study and workshop led by Cris Tovani ($20 & includes study materials; capped at 200 participants)
o Workshop facilitated by Matt de la Peña (no additional cost; capped at 150 participants)
o Mini Writing Project institute ($20 & includes institute materials; capped at 75 participants)
Please email any questions to literacy4GA@doe.k12.ga.us.